Friday was my first day home alone while Jon worked. It was hard but not too bad and I felt confident that I could handle life with 2 kids. I felt like I had the flu on Friday but with some ibprofen I got through the day. By Saturday we all felt crummy, except for Andrew. Jon ended up taking work off Monday and Tuesday because he had pink eye. We have all been a stuck home sick for several days. We have made a few trips out to go on a walk or to the park but mostly are home and sick/tired. I'm hoping we recover soon so that we can get back to reality. I am nervous for next week to parent without Jon while he is at work. Jackson has been glued to him and basically wants nothing to do with me. I've lost the confidence I felt at the hospital but I'm trying to stay positive, count my blessings, and enjoy even the hard times. I really struggle with the night feedings and lack of sleep even though Jon helps so much. I keep wanting to quit nursing because I feel so sick, even though it has been easier and less painful this time. I have had to stop myself from complaining and feeling sorry for myself when so many people have things much worse. I am forever grateful for my 3 dudes and they are worth it all. I am so blessed Jon has been sick too, because we have all been home together. I am so grateful for this challenging yet very special time. My family is my whole world. And I am already counting down until Christmas Break!
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Life with two kids has been absolutely exhausting so far. Since I had Andrew naturally, I have healed much faster. I was walking around shortly after birth and feeling really optimistic. With help from my parents and Jon, the first few days were busy but not too bad. Well by Monday, (Andrew almost a week old) my dad had left and Jon went back to work. Jackson was kind of getting tired of my mom, was sick, and was not too happy about the new baby. It was hard for my mom and I to keep up with the kids' needs/demands and the cooking, laundry, and doctors appointments. Thankfully we had some meals brought by which helped. By Wednesday, Jackson was much sicker and grumpier and had a high fever. We took him to the doctor Thursday and found out he had pneumonia. Andrew also had a check up and his circumcision that day. We were at the doctor for two hours. Then we had to run to Target to get me some nursing bras and then to CVS to get Jackson's medicine. Luckily my mom was with me because it was tiring. When we got home, Jackson's fever had spiked again. He and Andrew napped and I ended up napping too. My mom headed home and it was time for me to face motherhood without outside help. (other than Jon of course). Jackson ended up napping for about 4 or 5 hours because he was so sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment