Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween

I was afraid Halloween was going to be a bit of a bust this year. The ward trunk or treat didn't start until 6:30, Jackson's bedtime. I figured I would play it by ear and see how he was the night of. And because I was playing it by ear, I never committed to any costumes. Well as of course would happen, Jackson was crazy tired that night and was super ready for bed by 6 if not before. I was feeling worn out so the idea of staying home and relaxing was sounding more and more appealing. So Jon went to the ward party solo on Friday.

Saturday was pretty busy and I had a hard day so I wasn't sure about going trick or treating but I kept getting really excited about it. I wanted to trick or treat at friends' houses but I knew they would be out with their own kids. My mom suggested that we go to a couple of the empty nesters houses nearby and that was a great idea. We threw together a last minute costume and dinner and headed out early. We probably did 5 houses total and then drove to the home of the people I used to babysit for but they were already gone. So we headed home and Jackson fell asleep within a few minutes. It was barely 630. We love our little early bird. I'm so glad we were able to go for even a little bit, I had so much fun! I can't believe Jackson actually wore a hat and costume. We are at the beginning of a long era of trick or treating from here on out I guess.






No comments:

Post a Comment