Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Day


Today was a snow/ice day! We were expecting a huge storm and I was really excited for it. We barely got any snow but did get a thick layer of ice that took most of the day to melt. Our road is fairly clean now but the low temperatures tonight will freeze all the slush. The local schools are all out tomorrow but we are still waiting the hear about Jon's school.

We didn't do a lot today but I was able to can some black beans and Jon was able to do some planning for work and some homework. We went to Target and Harbor Freight and Tools this afternoon once the roads cleared. Oh I also napped for about an hour and a half today. That was awesome but left me with a headache. I love to sleep though!
Jon made the best snow day sandwiches in the history of snow day sandwiches.
This picture was taken when the storm first started.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you were excited for the ice. What with your disdain of the cold and all. And is your child chewing on tampons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes Melani, I was wondering if anyone would notice the tampon. I was desperate and he was teething.

    ReplyDelete