Our Valentine's Day started out with a lovely 4:30am wake up call from Master Jackson. Jon bolted out of bed to get Jackson so that I could sleep. I had a hard time sleeping but it was nice to relax. I got up around 6 and Jon was cleaning the oven, had unloaded the dishes and was making muffins. I gave Jon his present, which was a book of our Facebook messages back and forth while we were dating. Jon got me a grapefruit and made me an egg to go with my muffin. Then, Jon napped while I tried to convince Jackson to nap which was unsuccessful. Eventually Jackson napped and we were able to get ready for our date which included building rockets. Jon had shown me the rockets the night before with the following note:
When the baby sitter arrived we had Jackson in a tuxedo onesie with a napkin rose Jon folded to give to her. I didn't get a picture, but it was cute. My rocket wouldn't stay glued right so when the baby sitter arrived we headed to the park with just one rocket. After getting there and setting up, the engines were too small for the rocket. We ran up to Hobby Lobby, 30 minutes away and got replacements and went to a local park. We had enough engines for 3 launches but we got the rocket stuck in a tree on the second launch. It was a lot of fun and I loved seeing Jon's excitement. He has talking about launching rockets for a date ever since I can remember. It will be fun to do it again sometime but I am sad we lost one of our rockets. :( doing the rockets reminded me a lot of Nathan launching rockets for 4-H when we were growing up. It made me a happy kind of sad. Here are some pictures from our day:
After our date we took Jackson to the dollar store and let him pick out a toy using his dollar that Grandma Kay and Grandpa Perry sent for Valentine's Day. I also got him a Valentine's balloon because he kept kicking and laughing at the balloons.










No comments:
Post a Comment