Tuesday, December 16, 2014

First Haircut

I have been wanting to trim Jackson's hair for a while now. The back was so thick that it would often look matted and really crazy. But then I started seeing curls and was unsure about cutting them off. Well on Saturday Jon said he was going to cut his hair and then cut Jacksons. Of course then I had a change of mind and felt sad and unsure about it. I let Jackson watch Jon so he could see and get used to the sound of the clippers. Jackson did really well and laughed at the clippers. He was a moving target which made it difficult but he never cried. I did cry though. Seriously I had a little moment when I saw his hair piled up on the bathroom floor. I even took a picture of the hair and we saved some. Yes, I am officially one of those moms. I miss Jackson's soft crazy hair, but I LOVE his new cut. He looks so grown up and now I feel like I have a glimpse of him as a toddler. It feels weird to kiss the back and sides of his head because it is buzzed on the sides and back so it isn't soft like it was before. But we left the top long because we love it so much. Take a look:

The day before:

it was extra crazy from his bath and the static from the swing

right before the cut

posing right before the cut


see how long the back is?




the new cut from the back

after...so grown up!

side view

No comments:

Post a Comment