Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Break Day 4 and 5

Day 4 struck with a vengeance, but not at first. Sunday we headed to baby Emmi's baby blessing. On the way there I had some crazy stomach pain and had to run to the bathroom. I barely made it in time and will skip all the details. Then we took pictures, went to church, and stayed for the potluck afterwards, and all was well.


 After church we tried to nap but Jackson was unwilling. We went on a walk, wrapped presents, and then headed to Scott's parent's house to eat and look at Christmas lights. Before we left Jessi complained of a stomachache but she decided to ride with us because Val had to go pick up Scott and Daniel. A few minutes into the trip Jessi started screaming and my dad yelled for a plastic bag. My mom got one quick but not fast enough. Jessi threw up all over herself and on my dad and on the car. Somehow it missed me even though I was on the other side of her. My dad and I have the worst gag reflexes known to man. My dad started immediately gagging and telling Jon to pull over. I tried to hold the bag for Jessi and wipe her face off but I was laughing hysterically and was crying from laughing so hard. I then started to smell the vomit and started gagging and sticking my head out the window. My dad kept telling Jon to pull over but we were on a busy road so it took a little while to find somewhere. My dad jumped out as soon as possible and a few seconds later I realized I had to get out too. My mom was the saint who cleaned Jessi up. I called Val to tell her to bring a change of clothes and then we decided to just take Jessi home and call it a night. We did laundry, cleaned up, ate dinner, and played cards. 
That night when we went to bed we all felt a little funny. I laid down in bed and told Jon I knew I would wake up puking in the night. Sure enough at midnight, I woke up and puked for 3 hours on and off. It even came out my nose. I kept praying the whole time for it to stop. Everytime I tried to go back to sleep it came back and I couldn't keep my water down. After a while, Jackson who had been sleeping great, woke up and immediately threw up. He threw up a few more times, but luckily it wasn't tons. Jon was such a good sport and took great care of Jacksn. I was too weak to move. Dad went to give Val and family blessings in the night and Jackson and I got one too. Finally morning came and we slept in a bit. Luckily neither one of us threw up anymore but we were having other stomach issues. I slept a ton and gradually ate little by little to regain my strength. I felt bad all day and was achy with a headache but was feeling much better. I barely saw Jackson the whole day which was really hard. That night, My parents and Veera made soup which totally hit the spot. Then we watched The Giver and headed to bed early. Scott was the only one who was really sick like me and Jackson. Everyone else but Veera felt sick but so far haven't been struck with throwing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment