So I had my eye operation about 10 days ago. I was nervous but it wasn't too bad. The numbing shot was THE. WORST. I told the doctor I would rather have a baby than do that but she pointed out that the pain was much shorter than birth. Truth.
Anyway, they put a surgery cap on me and laid me down. Then, they numbed my eye with the worst shot of my life and then covered my face up. The prep was the longest part. In seconds they told me they were done. I didn't even know they did it, but they had removed my little bump. They wrapped my eye up really tight and that was tough. I quickly realized it would be really hard to see to drive home because my glasses didn't fit over my patch and my right eye is my dominant one. I had a minor panic after they told me I could not lift over 10 pounds for 2 weeks. I cried a lot and texted mom and Jon. I probably should have had Jon drive me home (he was at work) but I made it home safe. I fell apart at home because I had to keep ice on and off every 10 minutes and was trying not to lift the boys. I couldn't see much because of having ice on all day so I finally asked Jon to come home. That helped a lot. I took a nap and felt a lot better.
After the first day, everything was a breeze and I just have been putting medicine on my wound 3x a day. Today was my last day of medicine and tomorrow I go back for a check up. They biopsied my little bump so hopefully I can find out what caused it. The redness in my eye went away immediately so now I know for sure that was the cause. I just wonder if I can maybe wear contacts again soon. I sure hope so!
Here are some pictures, they are out of order and I look disgusting but enjoy!
 |
| right after surgery |
 |
| the day of, some bruising and swelling |
 |
| this is my eye as of this post, there is still a bruise line that looks like I went crazy with purple eye liner |
 |
| my redness pre-surgery, it was worse in real life |
 |
| red eye, and no I am not cross eyed as this picture shows. haha |
No comments:
Post a Comment