The other day Jackson and I were playing in his room when Jon got in the shower. Jackson stopped, looked towards the bathroom and said very clearly, "shower." Later Jackson heard the handle to the shower faucet squeek and said "all done" and ran to Jon in the bathroom. We are continually amazed at all the things he absorbs. Lately he loves wearing his pink fake stethoscope around holding it up to us and saying, "boom boom, boom boom." I showed him that one time and it just clicked. I can't remember if I said this before but he is obsessed with shoes. He loves trying to put our shoes on us and on himself. His favorites shoes are his crocs and he loves wearing them everywhere.
Jon recently was called out of the Primary and back as Young Men's counselor. I'm sad to lose him in Primary but it will be great for him. It was hard to have both of us in Primary considering Jackson is not technically nursery age, Jackson goes to nursery pretty much every week but only for a short time. His buddy Austin refuses to go unless Jackson is in there, it is so cute. Last Sunday the dad came asking for Jackson to come to nursery because he told Austin that he would be in there. They are best buds and Austin yells "Jackson" all throughout sacrament meeting. I hope they will be friends for a long long time.
I will be sad having Jon gone more because YM's will be more time consuming than Primary was but he gets to work with some great guys and he is back with the youth he has worked with in the past when they were 11 year olds and then again when they were deacons. He is meant to work with these boys and is very close to some of them.
Jon and I have made it a tradition to go on a babymoon before each baby comes. Before Jackson was born we took an anniversary/babymoon trip to Charleston and toured a bit and stayed in a cabin. In a few weeks we will be going to the mountains just for a night while my mom stays with Jackson. We tried to get a cabin but most require a 2 night stay so we just opted for a hotel. I am so excited and am glad that we get our first overnight trip away in a long time, even though I know I will miss Jackson like crazy!
I promised to post pictures soon, I have been incredibly lazy/tired lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment