Saturday, June 27, 2015

Baby Moon Round 2


A few weeks ago, Jon and I headed into the mountains for our second babymoon. We did a babymoon when I was pregnant with Jackson too, and plan to do a babymoon with each pregnancy. It was really nice to get away but I missed Jackson a lot. We only went away for 1 night since Jackson is still so little, and we weren't sure how he would do. My mom came up a day early so Jackson could get used to her before we left. He took to her immediately and they were best buds. The first night she was there, Jon made chimichangas. While I was grating the cheese, Jackson became upset and didn't want a piece of cheese or the package when I tried giving it to him. Then, he took the block from my hand and began munching on it. I had to take it away after he at a ton of it. Of course, he threw a fit. He loves cheese!

The next day, Jon worked a half day while I packed and got ready. We left early in the afternoon and headed up. We checked into the hotel and then headed downtown to go to the General Store and to eat. We were not too impressed with the town, so after shopping  a bit, we headed to another place nearby that was WAY better. It was less hippie/college student/homeless looking and more quaint and family friendly. We ate at a restaurant that we had gone to with my parents 4 years ago when we were engaged. The food was great and the live entertainment was even better. We sat outside where they had a live folk band playing. They band even had a little girl play the violin for them, she was so cute!

The next morning we drove to some waterfalls to hopefully swim and hike some but they were impossible to find. After almost giving up, we found the falls but it was a crazy walk to them. I had on the worst water shoes- ones I have had since college. My toes were falling out of them and they were in shreds basically. I'm not sure how but probably between my shoes, being pregnant, and being afraid of seeing a snake, I fell off the narrow trail and fell a few feet down into the water, which was shallow, rocky, and moving some. The trail was narrow and overgrown so maybe that is why I fell. But I knew I was falling and yelled out to Jon and then he heard me fall and yelled out to me. I was totally fine and landed on my feet but it scared us both. It sounds so dramatic typing it but it wasn't that bad. Anyway, it was too cold to swim and the terrain was just too rough for what I was wearing so we headed back after finally seeing the falls. Oh well, it was still fun.

We headed to Panera and then did some shopping before heading home. I was SO excited to see Jackson again!! It was such a nice get away and Jon and I were able to have fun and laugh and enjoy life without responsibilities for 24 hours. It was a wonderful date!! Thanks Grandma Kay for letting us get away and taking such good care of our little guy!



Jackson and his hunk of cheese 

pinching grandma


We had the best time ever swinging on some swings after dinner and ice cream. Jon was being crazy funny and snapping all kinds of photos. This mother and daughter watched us and laughed, It was one of the most fun nights of my life. 















a picture from while we were gone



Grandma took Jackson swimming in his pool


After we got home, I let Jackson eat a popsicle and he LOVED it!! I was so happy to see my boy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment