Monday, June 1, 2015

Surreal


This post I started back in March. So imagine you are back in time a few months as you read this.

So Jon and I decided a few months back that it was time. You know, time to try for round 2. So we prayed about it and felt that it was right, but Jon had the feeling in the temple that it was time to try but it may take a while for it to actually happen. I actually took a pregnancy test a month or two ago and it was negative. So a few days ago I was looking at my fertility app on my phone that I am trying out and I realized that it was time to take a test, much sooner than I thought!

So I could hardly sleep Friday night thinking about it and Saturday I ran out to grab some groceries so I figured, I might as well grab a test too. So I came home and Jon was excited for me to take the test right then. We headed to the bathroom with Jackson and the test quickly loaded what looked like a negative result. Jackson was squirmy and hungry so Jon took him into the other room when it dawned on me that the test hadn't finished loading yet and possibly the other part of the plus sign would show up. As soon as I looked, I saw the plus sign forming and called back to Jon. He realized right then what I was saying. He came in and the plus sign was really faint so I was unsure but it became darker and darker and we knew. So pretty much this is my way of saying that we are having another baby!! We found out on Saturday 3/14/15 and I am calculating my due date as Saturday 11/21/15.

We made Jackson a shirt that said "Future Big Bro" and had him wear it when we visited my family in March. My cousin Nicole caught on immediately and Valerie was right there too. One by one more and more people caught on. My parents were the last to get it. My mom was so distracted by all of the family in town and we kept trying to get her to look at Jackson and change his clothes but she was oblivious. It was fun for us all and finally she saw it and asked, "is this an announcement?" Jon texted the picture to his family and we waited until I was about 13 weeks to tell everyone else.

Fast Forward a Few Months:

We went to our first ultrasound/doctor visit when i was about 8 weeks. Everything looked great and my calculations were correct! I am due 11/21/15. When I was around 13 weeks, We had Jackson wear the same shirt to a Ward Fundraiser and again, one by one people caught on throughout the night. Then, we finally posted it to Facebook for the rest of the world to see.

I am excited and very nervous! It doesn't quite seem real. Life will be crazier with another child but I know it will be sweeter too. The baby and Jackson will be about 22 months apart so hopefully they will be best buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment