Monday, February 17, 2014

The Blizzard

So we had us an old-fashioned North Carolina blizzard this week. We got about 8 inches of snow and some ice. They were calling for a loss of power in some areas, but luckily we didn't lose power (although I thought it would be fun to lose power for a day, but I think it would have been challenging with a newborn). It actually was a real snow storm, especially for here. It shut everything down for a few days. Jon got out early on Tuesday and had class cancelled that night. He was out for the rest of the week. It has been fun being snowed in together for a few days. Jon got a little stir-crazy after the second day, but I have gotten used to staying home now since Jackson has been born. We have had a lot of fun and enjoyed our time together. Jon also had a lot of fun digging our neighbors out of the snow (after getting a good laugh first).
Jackson's first bottle- he took it like a champ


Jon made some pitas with tzatziki sauce while we were snowed in 

we judged the amount of snow we recieved based on how high it was on the birdhouses


 


Jon built a snow family while Jackson and I stayed warm inside (if you look closely I am the snow-woman holding a baby on the left and Jon is the snow-man on the right with the dog Callie by his side)

Jon convinced me to go for a drive in the snow

slush which later turned to ice

In other news, Jon says the most random things, I love it. This morning when he asked if I was going to eat breakfast and I said I wasn't hungry yet, he said "but we have steak and cheese.'


We took these dumb surveys on Buzzfeed and when I asked Jon what he was going to pick for his favorite TV show he said "The Office, either that or Army Wives....what the heck."

Anyway, that is all for now. I am ready for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment