Thursday, June 5, 2014

Camping and a Day of Mothers

Ok everything in this post is all out of order and it is too complicated to fix. Enjoy the pictures and my blurb about our first family camp out and my first Mother's Day!!






Jackson's signature sleeping pose.

This is right before Jackson woke up and looked in awe at all of the trees.

had a wonderful first Mother's Day!! Jon has always done something sweet for me on Mother's Day. Last year I was pregnant, and we suspected it but didn't know yet. I really try to value Mothers Day because neither of my parents had their mothers around at my age. My dad's mother died when he was a teenager and my moms mom died shortly after she got married. I am so happy to have both of my parents still. For Mother's Day Jon made me breakfast - toast and a parfait. He knew I would want something healthy and we had eggs the day before. He also painted me a really cute sign for our home. He is so creative and thoughtful with his gifts. These kind of gifts are always the best kind. Mother's Day didn't feel too different than any other day because Jon always helps me out a lot with Jackson and everything else. But I did notice he tried to help out even more because it was Mother's Day. He let me nap forever which of course was the best, even though I woke up feeling crazy. It was like 3 hours on and off because Jackson kept waking up to nurse. I was so out of it. Being a mom is so completely difficult at times, but because it is hard it also makes it so amazing. I know being a mom would not be as fulfilling as it is if it were easy. Because I put my whole heart and soul into it, I feel like I appreciate the good all the more.

We also went camping this weekend and went on a short hike. I had my fears and almost called it off on account of rain and feeling like we were nuts for taking a 3.5 month old camping, but I am so glad we did it! Jackson did so well!! He only woke up once at night but had us worried when he didn't go back to sleep right away as usual. He fussed on and off and nursed on and off until Jon rocked him to sleep. We both prayed he would go back to sleep because it was dark and raining and there was a dad with young kids camping near us. I was so worried about disturbing them. I panicked a bit but it was all ok. He even let us sleep until after 6. What a good boy! (Normally we are up at 5ish).  My favorite part of it all was after his morning nap, Jackson woke up in Jon's arms and just looked up at the tree tops in awe. His eyes kept scanning back and forth, taking it all in. He is just so happy when he is outside, just like Jon and I. We love watching him enjoy nature. We are excited for many more camp outs together!!
My breakfast and painting
Jackson had his first go at rice cereal this weekend and he loved it! He kept smiling and kicking his legs wanting more and more until at the end when he was just playing with it. This was after we got back from camping.

Mother's Day morning, my happy boy!!
The day he tried rice cereal. These pictures are obviously all out of order
He was sleeping like this, ear plugs I guess.
Historic hike- Revolutionary War sites

Camping picture
Ready to hike


Revolutionary War Monument
Another monument
My painting, before adding handprints. We are going to add our handprints and will add each child's as they come.


No comments:

Post a Comment