Friday, December 6, 2013

Freeze Time

Right now I am in a place where I just want to freeze time. Yes, I am excited for the baby to come, but I also get a little sad when I realize it will never just be Jon and I as a family again. I love spending time with him, he is my very best friend. I feel like we have done so much together in the short time we have known each other. I will miss it being just him and I. Despite being really busy, we still get to spend a lot of time together- especially now that Jon is on break from grad school for a month. The other night after we decorated the tree and the living room was lit up for Christmas, I put on a song and slow danced with Jon. I got emotional as I realized how much I just wanted to freeze that moment forever. It was perfect.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went up to Maryland to be with my cousins, parents, and some aunts and uncles. My cousin Max just loves Jon. They are great buds. It is so cute seeing them together. Max doesn't have any brothers so Jon is really like a brother to him. He is only 13 but is very mature and is a great kid.

The pie bakers- Aunt Cindy, mom, Jon

Jon's Sour Cream Apple Pie

Max and Jon pre-bike ride

Uncle Otto and Aunt Susy

the crew

We went on a walk to see the Potomac River and Falls- it was gorgeous!

freezing cold- Aunt Cindy, dad, and mom

he was LOVING the rocks

there was lots of dancing- Aunt Susy and Uncle Otto

We did a sealing session with most of the family- this temple is beautiful!

the crew at the temple visitor's center
My cousin got these hats for all the men- it was so funny

there was lots of jamming- Jon, Simone, Ethan

more dancing- Cosette and Max, so sweet
I am due in 6 weeks and 6 days!! Time is just flying!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing what you guys are up to. It sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Jon make a sour cream apple pie? Recipe? Or is it a deep, dark, secret family recipe?

    ReplyDelete