Sunday, September 13, 2015

Saturday: Boy's Hike

On Saturday, Janet went to a stake women's conference for most of the day so Jackson and I decided to go hiking at South Mountains. I know a lot of locals who are really into the out doors who hate South Mountains, but I really love the park. It is the closest (other than Crowder's Mountain), it has a trout stream, a beautiful waterfall, and a lot of fun back country trails to explore if you want more of a hike. J-man and I hiked the falls loop to keep it simple and we had so much fun! When I told him that we were hiking, he kept saying "hike" all the time. I let him do as much walking as he wanted which ended up being about 3/4 of a mile-ish. He was being so good and so fun: he did a great job following the trail and leading the way, he loved looking at the rocks on the trail, the leaves, and the flowers along the way. At one point he stopped and pointed to his ears and said "hear." I think that was the first time that he noticed the sound of the creek. We talked about everything that we saw and heard, and he kept marching on. Around a mile and a half in he started needing help getting over the big steps, the rocks, and the roots so he held on to my hands. Finally it got to a point where the steps were as big as him almost, so he wanted up. I threw him in the backpack and we kept going. He really was such a trooper and I can't wait to go with him again!
In the visitor's center.

He basically ran the whole way.

Pushing me away so he can get back to the creek.

Throwing a leaf over a big boulder.

He would say "step" each time he had to step up.

The bridge over the top of the falls. 

Playing in the water by the parking lot after our hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment