Thursday, August 27, 2015

Oh where do I even begin? I am 6 months pregnant now and about 28 weeks. I am starting to feel baby boy move more and more. I feel great overall but I am sore, tired, and of course uncomfortable. I had the big glucose test last Thursday. I feel like I am a little bigger than I was with Jackson at this point so I am a little worried about how uncomfortable I will be, come November.

Jackson is really clingy but such a happy boy. He just loves to be with us and involved in everything we do. I love it and try to cherish it, although it does get hard at times. He loves being with mom or dad or both at all times. He wants "up" in our arms a lot and loves to read books with us. If we are sitting or laying down he will give us his hand to try to pull us up and say "up" repeatedly. If I leave the room for a second he yells out "play! play!" over and over. It is so sweet. He still loves to read and is really into Dr. Seuss type stuff lately. He will run up to us with a book and say "read, read, read." He is in that stage where he repeats things over and over. He talks really well and has the sweetest voice.

 He is into all things cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles etc... He has little videos he likes to watch on youtube with different car and bus songs. He is OBSESSED with The Wheels on the Bus. We play with buses, we watch youtube videos with buses that sing Wheels on the Bus, and we sing Wheels on the Bus. He knows the song so well. Now that school has started and we see buses a lot he goes nuts. He seriously loves buses.

 He also likes to climb on the futon, stand up, shake his finger and say "no more, no more." (As in, no more monkeys jumping on the bed.) It is the cutest, especially a few weeks ago in his raspy sick voice. He and I had colds for a week or two and it was pretty annoying. Jackson can sat pretty much  say any word he wants. He is so observant we have to be careful what we say and do, he picks up on everything. Jackson constantly asks for candy by holding his finger up by the side of his head and says "one" repeatedly. He knows if he gets anything sweet it is usually just one piece so he likes to ask for "one" a lot. I think he used to think candy was called "one"but now he knows the word candy. He is really into popsicles and popcorn too. He asks for popsicles all day long, especially after nap time. I think he prefers that to drinking now so I have to ration them. Speaking of which, he is like me and doesn't drink milk. He doesn't even like juice. He is just all about water.

When we tickle Jackson he will say "I know" over and over again as he laughs. He used to say this when he was upset but now he says it when he is tickled. I think he got this from me because I used to say softly, "I know" as a way to soothe him. It is hilarious when he says it while being tickled. Jackson loves to take baths and showers. He showers with me a lot now, it is just easier than trying to keep him occupied. He loves his bath crayons and loves bubble baths. He loves to color and play with markers. He also LOVES Legos lately- not baby block Legos but real ones. I get nervous because he still puts things in his mouth but is getting a lot better with them. He also loves hats and points them out wherever he sees them. He won't wear one though, he hates wearing hats. He loves the Lego guy and his hat though.

Today, Jon said that as he was fixing Jackson's hair, Jackson asked for Mono's hair to be fixed. I thought that was so adorable and so smart. Mono is Jackson's monkey/blanket/rattle thing he has slept with since being a baby. Speaking of which, he is very attached to Mono and Paci right now and the Paci is going to go bye bye soon, we hope. I am in denial because he loves it so much but it will be better to do it before the baby comes I think. I am sad to think of my boy growing up though.

Jon is back to school full force and is in his last year of grad school and internship as well. He is in Young Men's and I am finally released from Primary. I was in there for 4 years! I am sad but ready for a change. I was supposed to teach early morning seminary but now I will be just teaching Home Study which takes a TON of stress off of me. I also have been babysitting part time since February and am going to stop that in about a week. It has been a good experience and great money but it is hard on my pregnant body and I am ready to have one less thing to do. I feel like we need to lessen our stress load as we prepare for baby boy and for Jon's busiest year of school yet. We are all happy and healthy and loving life!

This is so long and probably boring but I am trying to document all I can for our journals. Pictures someday soon, I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment