This month Jackson's development has exploded. He is able to roll all around, sit up completely on his own without falling, and can go from laying down to sitting up. He is getting close to crawling and practices nonstop, which means he bonks his head a few times a day. He can also pull up to kneeling and is trying so hard to stand. I hate when he falls, especially on the hardwood, but I'm trying not to hover because it is all part of the process. I try to keep him on carpet as much as possible to make the landing softer. Jackson can eat puffs and yogurt bites now. I had tried feeding them to him a few times and one day it just clicked. He can't feed himself the puffs very well yet but we are working on it. He would eat them all the time if he could. He prefers them over his regular baby food. I am still nursing a ton also. Jackson can drink from a sippy cup now but prefers to just chew on it. Anything he gets from the sippy he spits out. But at least he understands the concept. Sleep wise Jackson is still the same, up 2 or 3 times and night and naps are hit and miss. The last dew days he has woken up at 430. That mixed with minimal naps and teething x 2 teeth at once had made for a few rough days. But Jackson's sweetness makes up for it all so I forgive him. Jackson has one of his vampire teeth almost completely in and is working on the other one. That brings us to 4 teeth already! Jackson has waved twice now on purpose, once to Aunt Megan while face timing and once to the Sister Missionaries. It is so fun to see him develop. He also seems to understand when I sign and say eat. He also seems to know what the words Callie, kiss, and Daddy mean too. We are still doing some Spanish with Jackson as well as sign language. Jackson has the best laugh and loves to play peekaboo. The other day he could not stop laughing at us when we sneezed so we did a lot of fake sneezing that day. Jackson loves swimming, Callie, being outside, taking baths, reading books, and playing. He pays more attention to books now and will sit still and turn the pages. Jackson dislikes napping, loud noises, and holding still. He is such a cutie! I can't believe in 4 months that will be Jackson turning one!
Stats:
Length- 27 inches (a very rough measurement due to Jackson's wiggles)
Weight-17.6 lbs
 |
| I love his hair spiked like this! |
 |
| 8 month pictures |
 |
| Janae, these are the Dr. Seuss pajamas you sent! |
 |
| eating outside where Jackson is much happier |
 |
| Don't worry, Jon actually does have shorts on |
 |
| reading in his jammers |
 |
| this month he has been sleeping on his side and stomach a lot- notice his feet are stuck. |
 |
| first swing ride- he is still a bit too small |
 |
| one very long fussy day |
.JPG) |
| more 8 month photos |
 |
| chilling in his new pool |
 |
| Jackson and Austin- his bestie from church who is exactly 4 months older |
 |
| a rare cuddle |
Aww! Jackson's spiked hair is so cute, Janet! ! I always gift larger sizes so I'm glad he finally fits in the Dr. Seuss pjs!! Thanks for posting :)
ReplyDeleteLove it. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete