Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Necessary Updates

I am so far behind on blogging, laundry, cleaning, etc but oh well. At least we are all alive, fed, and clothed, right? I am finally starting to get back on track I think. There is always so much to do! So here is the latest:

 For starters, I am not returning to work. I had planned to quit and then was offered an opportunity to return part-time so I agreed. I was prepping to go back in 3 weeks when I got an unexpected call saying there were some changes and some programs had shut down so I would be unable to return part-time. I was bummed, relieved, sad, and happy all at once. I felt so torn about going back so I think in the end this was for the best. I will miss my job and coworkers so much, plus the extra money. (I need to blog about my job sometime). But I am happy to be home with my little man all day and am getting used to it more and more everyday.

As for Jackson, he is growing so fast. So let's have a recap shall we?

At birth:
(Since I don't think I recorded it on here) Jackson was super alert since birth and was always rooting. This is still about the norm for him.

Stats:
Head- 13.75 in.
Weight- 7lbs 4oz
Length- 21in.

Jackson's first picture captured on Jon's cell phone
1 Month:
He had strong head control and already could hold his head up some. He smiled on and off, mostly right before throwing up or while sleeping but it never seemed to really be intentional. He loved falling asleep on mommy and daddy's chest. He took his first bottle from daddy like a champ but now is on bottle strike- he likes to eat straight from mom. He would wake up 2-3 times a night typically would have stretches where he would sleep 5 hours or so straight. He started struggling with naps more and more and prefers to be awake and cry rather than to just nap. He ate non-stop. Movement and music soothe him best. He likes to be on the go.

One month


Stats:
Head- (we didn't measure)
Weight- 9lbs, 4oz (between the10th and 25th percentile)
Length- 23in. (75th percentile)

Two months
2 Months:
Jackson survived RSV, going to the hospital, his first IV, and all of that other fun stuff. Jackson started smiling a lot and it was actually on purpose. He smiles more and more everyday. Jackson wakes up 1-2 times a night and sleeps about 5 or 6 hours straight at times. Jackson struggles to nap sometimes but other times will nap a lot. Jackson still likes to eat a lot so mommy tries her best to distract him so she does not hurt constantly. Breastfeeding has become a lot more natural though. Jackson likes to look outside and does great going for walks and riding in the car. He loves staring at anything and everything especially the blinds, picture frames, light fixtures, fans, lights, etc... He also loves music and it still soothes him. He still loves to be rocked, bounced, or walked around.

Stats:
Head- 15.75 in. (50th percentile)
Weight- 10 lb, 9oz (10th percentile)
Length- 23.5 in. (50th percentile)

3 months:
Jackson flew to Colorado on his 3 month birthday. He was excellent on the flights and the whole trip. Sometimes he sleeps 7 to 9 hours straight. Other times he wakes up once but overall sleeps great at night. He goes to be anywhere between 7 and 9 and wakes up between 5 and 6 normally with maybe one quick nursing session during the night. Naps are a different story but some days are better than others. The week we flew to Colorado we became increasingly nervous about Jackson's projectile vomiting and excessive spit up. We went to the doctor who put Jackson on reflux medication and ordered an ultrasounds. I had to take Jackson in the next day. He wasn't allowed to eat for 4 hours ahead of time so was very angry by the time we got there. He was supposed to lay still for the ultrasound....yeah right, you starve your 3 month old and get them to be calm and still. Plus Jackson is a wiggler anyways. It took forever and a lot of praying but it was finally over. I hated it. The great news was that everything looked fine so no surgery is needed. Yay! The reflux medication seems to be helping. Jackson is showing more and more interest in toys and still loves to move, be outside, and be held lots. He is starting to not love being in his car seat. He is smiling lots and has giggled for dad. 

3 months (taken a week late because of our trip to Colorado)
Stats: 
Head- they didn't measure since it wasn't an official checkup (we went for his reflux issues)
Weight- 12 lbs 5 oz
Length- 23.75 inches

Jackson is changing so much everyday. I am trying to soak it all in and remember everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment