Pros:
- It is warmer here and snows way less than most places.
- I can wear sweats to Wal-Mart and feel dressed up.
- People here are SO nice and friendly.
- I love the way people talk.
- I love saying ya'll, it makes much more sense.
- I love the trees! Especially in the fall.
- I love the red clay dirt.
- The rich and poor live all together (for the most part). There aren't too many neighborhoods where we live, just random houses all thrown wherever they land. You can have a huge fancy home right next to a trailer.Ok I admit, I am kind of a socialist. But not really, I just like how everyone is mixed together.
- I swear everyone here smokes. I am so used to having cigarettes blown in my face it doesn't even faze me.
- REBEL FLAGS! I HATE with a capital H rebel flags. People say it represents Southern Pride but really it doesn't. It is a symbol of racism and it makes me cringe and my skin crawl. Literally, I hate it. Ok done venting.
- Racism in general. It is something I have seen everywhere I have lived but it is pretty strong here in some parts and in some ways.
- Junky houses. There are so many houses here with just junk everywhere. Some houses and lawns are so covered you can't hardly see anything else.
- Mullets. This is a pro and a con because they disgust and please me at the same time.
My favorite is the skullet!
ReplyDeletethis was cracking me up!
ReplyDeleteHaha! They disgust and please you at the same time!! I agree whole heartily. June, I think you made a typo when you put that warmer weather is a Pro. Put that baby on the con list. I also don't really understand the whole Confederate Flag thing.
ReplyDelete