Anywho, we live next door to some awesome peeps who are close to our age and they have a daughter who is five. They have been so nice and friendly from the get-go. We have always wanted to share the gospel with them, especially more recently. We have been praying and praying for this. We even invited them to a bonfire we had at our home with some church friends but they didn't come. A few weeks ago the elders challenged us to pray for an opportunity to share our testimonies. We prayed and prayed and our week deadline came and went.
Well to make a long story short the other set of elders (we had two sets of elders for a while) came last night and did a really special thing with us. They prayed with us and for our neighbors, friends, and family members. We told them of our desires to share the gospel. Well today after work, my neighbor approached me and asked who "those guys" were. She assumed they were Jon's coworkers. We got talking about our church and her church. She was really excited that we feed the elders and asked if she could too. She was amazed by their service and wanted to support them.
As soon as I finished talking to her I raced to call Jon, then the Elders and set up an appointment for early next week, and then called my mom. I was SO happy I couldn't stop smiling. I invited her to come over when they come again so that she can meet them. Then, she invited us to their church's pancake dinner tonight so Jon and I went to that. It was really fun.
It felt so amazing sharing the gospel. I always cringe when the elders challenge us because I want to share the gospel but it is so hard for me to do at times. I felt the spirit really strongly and as I opened my mouth the words literally just came. All I want is for this family to know how much the Savior loves them and how much happiness He has in store for them. And I am feeling more and more like I have a friend here, which is really great too.
P.S. Today is Jon's sister Katie's birthday and my nephew Xander's birthday! We love them both so much!
![]() |
| Happy Birthday 21st Birthday to the happiest girl I know! |
| Happy 2nd Birthday Xander! His faces are the best! |

Oh, June that was so cute. I think you've inspired me. I have such a hard time too because I hate making people feel like I'm pushing something on them, when really i should just be excited about the Savior and then it will not be pushing, I'll just be being me.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I kind of wish we could move to NC and be your friends.
I have been thinking about answered prayers lately as well. Sometimes I feel i forget to ask, but as soon as i do I notice the Lord's answers. I know what you mean about wanting friends...I feel like I know people but not very many I really click with. Good luck with your neighbors, that is awesome.
ReplyDelete